Our J.K. and S.K. program is designed to build a strong fundamental base for students. We offer a unique learning environment that develops the academic and social skills of each child.
UMCA Rich Tree Academy strongly believes that during the early childhood years it is essential to establish a positive attitude towards learning.
We create a safe and warm learning environment for our students to feel secure and confident in all that they do.
Our S.K. graduates are well prepared to become Grade One students, and to continue their academic achievements in the gifted education program with UMCA Rich Tree Academy.
What we learn with pleasure, we never forget.
- An opportunity for the child to develop his/her feelings of self worth through positive reinforcement; the recognition of personal choice, and respect for the child’s feelings and opinion;
- An opportunity for the child to actively explore, problem solve, discuss, discover, create and master the real world of things, people and events;
- A rich a varied cultural diversity – a multicultural environment. We believe that self esteem and self worth are enhanced by incorporating each child’s cultural heritage into the curriculum and that all children benefit from a multicultural education;
- A curriculum that values equality of the sexes and promotes a non-sexist point of view;
- A spirit of cooperation in which relationship with children and adults have an opportunity to develop. Adults display an unconditional positive regard for the child and sincere interest in each child’s uniqueness;
- Encouragement for appropriate behaviors through positive reinforcement based on social responsibility and respect for others;
- A program that encourages enjoyment and satisfaction as ends in themselves and as motivation for further learning.
- Unusual skin rash
- Diarrhea for three days
- Heavy mucous
- Head lice/nits
- Persistent pain
- Unusual/infectious looking sores
- Red and/or irritated eyes
- Discharge from eyes/ears
- Any communicable disease
- Persistent cough/Strep throat
- And/or any of the following symptoms:
- A cold that hinders day to day functions
- Digestive upset – vomiting or diarrhea
- Swollen neck glands
- A sore throat
- An earache
- Written authorization including the dosage and times any medication is to be given (The drug and medication record may be found on our school website).
- Medication in the original container, clearly labelled with the child’s name, the name of the medication, the dosage, the date of purchase and instruction for storage and administration of the medication.
- Medication must be given directly to a staff member.
- If all the above administering requirements are not adhered to, our staff will not administer the medication for safety reasons.
|JK Curriculum||SK Curriculum|
|J.K. English||S.K. English|
|J.K. Math||S.K. Math|
|J.K. Russian||S.K. Russian|
|J.K. Art||S.K. French|
|J.K. Music||S.K. Art|
|J.K. Nature||S.K. Music|