UMCA Rich Tree Academy
Information about UMCA
Established in 2003, UMCA Rich Tree Academy is a private school in Thornhill, Ontario that offers exceptional learning environments to students in JK- Grade 8, High School as well as an after school and a summer program.
What do you want most for your child? Wouldn’t you say ‘the best possible grounding for life? Meaning, the best possible education?
At UMCA Rich Tree Academy, Child’s work is Child’s play.
Small bodies are nurtured with educational play, music and exercise to stimulate their creative minds and make education a joyous, interactive experience.
UMCA Rich Tree Academy teachers are committed and compassionate. Solid beginnings here lead to bright futures.
At UMCA Rich Tree Academy, committed educators make learning continuously interesting for students and keep busy minds engaged. Students are nurtured with visual arts and exercise to stimulate their creative minds which promotes a joyous and interactive experience.
UMCA Rich Tree Academy teachers are especially passionate towards every student's learning goals and ultimate success in school and in life.
Our high school program is geared to students who are looking for solid, unique and personal university preparation. Study skills are emphasized by certified educators in small classes. Individual attention ensures high grade point averages, so that your child enters the university of their choice, fully prepared for the demands of academic life.
The children receive individual attention in small classes. Dance, singing, chess, computer, swimming, gymnastics and other sports are available in a state-of-the-art sports facility. Committed educators give above and beyond the call, making learning continuously interested, keeping busy minds engaged. Remedial tutoring is given to those with learning difficulties.
UMCA Rich Tree Academy is for high school students who are looking for solid, unique and personal university preparation. Study skills are emphasized by certified educators in small classes. Individual attention ensures high grade point averages, so that your child enters the university of their choice, fully prepared for the demands of academic life.
- Language Arts: vocabulary, writing, essays, reading, literature, and history of ideas
- Math and Problem Solving: logic, mathematics, competitions, and brain teasers
- Visual Arts, Dance, Drama, Music and Yoga
- Language learning in English, Russian, French and Hebrew
- Public Speaking: the art of persuasion and oral presentation
- Manners and Etiquette program
- History, Geography, Literature and Current Events
- Physical Education in a state of the art sports facility, indoor and outdoor activities including swimming, skating, basketball, tennis and rock climbing
- High School Courses and Advanced Placement
- University Prep: Applications, scholarships, and preparation for success
- Many Field Trips and Workshops: Experiential learning and cultural experiences at museums, theatres and camping
What sets UMCA Rich Tree Academy apart:
We are a forward thinking school with a curriculum that goes above and beyond the Ministry of Education Standards. Our learning program is dynamic, exciting and promotes life-long learning. UMCA Rich Tree Academy provides low teacher-to-student ratio and our classes are all taught by teachers who are highly educated experts in their field. We develop and deliver challenging, interdisciplinary curriculum at all levels that develop critical thinking. Our teachers offer individualized instruction and full support to every student. Moreover, UMCA Rich Tree Academy addresses the need for academic, social and emotional learning opportunities, where team work, social skills and empathy are themes woven throughout all experiences.
- We offer a warm and inviting school setting that makes each student feel as though they are part of a big extended family;
- Our unique curriculum programming has been crafted and honed by our teachers who are leaders in their respected fields;
- Our staff are dedicated, passionate, and highly educated experts;
- We are family friendly, student-centered organization that offers lots of parent involvement through our website, parent teacher interviews and daily communication;
- We are community-oriented and support local social innovation, charities;
- Advocacy groups, and creative initiatives.
In the UMCA learning environment we work not only with the potential of the child’s abilities and interests, but with values and needs as well. In doing so, UMCA maintains an atmosphere of a family environment, providing:
- Nourishing, tasty morning and noon meal;
- Healthy snack foods and rest breaks;
- Opportunities for indoor and outdoor play;
- Fun Academic Olympic games week;
- Field trips and outings, holiday celebrations, friendships, wholesome recreation,
- Provision of plentiful supplies, cleanliness, bright and attractive furnishings, safety, etc.
All enhance the sense of enjoyment and security in a 5 days per week, school day which includes professional state of the art child care before and after school.Teachers are accessible role-models who uphold the philosophy and moral/ethical standards of this superlative learning environment.