Dear Students and Parents,
Final Exams Dates and Tips for Success
Final Exams Season begins next week. Please ensure you do not schedule appointments or go on any trips on an Exam day. If there is an urgent reason you can’t be at an exam, you need to contact Mrs. Suzana. The following tips will help you get a good mark without stressing out:
- Don’t leave studying for the last moment. Plan your study. Get ready in advance and approach your teacher if you have any questions.
- The night before a test go to sleep early. You will then wake up well rested and full of energy to write the exam.
- Eat a good healthy breakfast. Researches show that students who had a good healthy breakfast before a test got better results than students who didn’t eat before the test.
- Arrive on time. Arriving late will prevent you from writing the exam on that day, and you will have to come during the summer to write it.
- Make sure you have sufficient writing equipment, or any other equipment you need for your test.
If you feel like you need some extra help before the exam, our teachers will be happy to help. Please approach your teacher with specific questions.
Term 2 Schedule
The schedule for the next semester is ready. Please come to Ms. Irina’s classroom to confirm your schedule and courses you take for the next semester.
You can come on Thursday, January, 16th, from 1:00 - 3:00. If you are not at school at this time, come on Monday, January 20th, at 1:00.
Please be reminded that you must return the textbook by the end of the course to school. Otherwise, you cannot write the final exam. You can bring it at the exam's day and give to the teacher.
Final Exam Dates
JANUARY 20 @9:00 AM
JANUARY 21 @4:00 PM
JANUARY 22 @4:00 PM
JANUARY 23 @4:00 PM
JANUARY 24 @4:00 PM
MHF4U EXAM (Ms. Galina)
MCV4U EXAM (Ms. Galina)
JANUARY 27 @4:00 PM
MCV4U EXAM (Mrs. Irina)
JANUARY 28 @4:00 PM
MHF4U EXAM (Mrs. Irina)
JANUARY 29 @4:00 PM
Blue Mountain Trip
If you haven’t registered for the Blue Mountain Trip, it’s not too late! You can still sign up! UMCA is happy to invite grades 5, 6, 7 and High School students to the Blue Mountain Resort on January 30-31 (one night sleepover).
Please see the fees breakdown: transportation $70.00, hotel $60.00 (based on 4 people per room), Ski Lift Ticket $100.00 (for both days), Ski Rental Package $70.00 (for both days). Total Ski Trip $300.00. Total Ski Trip without Rentals $230.00. For those who don’t ski, or look for a cheaper option, there will be an option to do cross-country ski. The fee for cross-country is $30 per day for ski boots + ski. Food is not included.
Report cards will be handed on February 4th.
The second term will start on February 3rd.
March break will be from March 16 to March 20, 2020. The school will be closed for high school students.
January 31-February 1 – trip to Blue Mountain (grades 5-12)
February 3 – Term 2 begins
February 4 – report cards are sent home
February 14 – Valentine’s Day
February 17 – Family Day – school is closed
UMCA wishes you a great weekend!